Y-M-C-A

You know who I don't blog about nearly enough? Georgia Harper Fletcher Lichti. It seems like I'm always writing a ToT post, about my doctor's appointments, keeping everyone informed about the twins development, writing my struggles with Violet's death and writing about everything else under the sun. It's not that she's not a huge part of my every day life.....she is what most of my day is about. I don't think that she has even had an entire blog entire all to herself. Well, it's time to change that!!!

This summer Georgia wanted to enroll in swim lessons again. She's taken a couple of classes at the YMCA before and really enjoys them. It had been a while since her last class so Nolan and I decided that it was probably a good idea to start them up again. And, since it's summer time, some of the classes are offered in the outdoor pool. This makes swim lessons very, very special.

We were able to sign Georgia up for a 3 week session that met 2 times a week. So on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, Georgia and I head out the door to the Y pool for 30 minutes of fun in the sun. Well, she's in the sun...I try and sit in the shade and keep cool!!!

Georgia is really enjoying her time in the pool. She looks forward to every lesson. I think that she has made some improvements since she started this session. The more we expose her to the water, the more comfortable she is. Also, she has enjoyed swimming with her cousins at their pool a few times this summer. That also has helped her be more comfortable in the water.

Also, it's nice for me to get out a little bit. Georgia has fun in the pool and I've met some really nice mom's there who are also watching their kiddos during swim lessons. It's nice to be able to have a little bit of adult interaction....just 30 minutes, but it's good. And it's nice to talk up my photography stuff too....when another mom asks if I work outside the home I can say, "Yes, I'm a photographer." That usually gets the ball rolling on my website and prices. Now if I just had business cards to pass out!!! Gotta work on that!

I believe that we are going to sign up for the next session, which starts tomorrow. It will be the same days and same time so our routine will not change. We weren't sure if we would be able to do this session or not depending on my condition with the babies. But there are no signs of bed rest in my future so we are ready for more swim lessons!! Bring it on!

Here are some photos from a recent swim class....

Always ready for fun times at the pool!

Getting in the "safe way"

Practicing some kicks

Swimming back to the edge of the pool


Trying to float on her back. This is one part of swim lessons that she does NOT like. 

So in the future, I will try and keep you all more updated about Georgia and what is going on in her little world. 



Comments

  1. Yes! I love G updates! She's such a big girl now, I can't believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a big girl. It goes too quickly!! And this summer is going by too fast. She's going to be gone all day at school soon! I'm going to miss my girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts