Alex's Senior Photos

I was approached in the spring to do a photo shoot for someone that I had never met. This would be a first for me. I had never photographed anyone that I didn't know already. I really wanted this to work out, but I was also really nervous about it. What if it didn't go well? What if the client and I didn't warm up to each other? What if, what if, what if.

My friend Anna, told one of her coworkers about me. This coworker was trying to help find a photographer for her granddaughter's senior photos. So one day I get a random email from a gal that I didn't know about doing her daughter's senior photos and that Anna recommended me. Wow! Thanks Anna!

After a couple of months of emails back and forth we nailed down and date, time and location. We were having the session at the Indianapolis Museum of Art (the IMA) and I began to think of all the different places on the grounds to take photos. I've taken Georgia's photos there a couple of times and I took my nephew's engagement photos there. The grounds are just beautiful. I was so pleased to be going there again to photograph. It's hard to get a bad photo when you're there!

Meeting with Alex I knew right away that she already had plenty of ideas about her photos and the look she was going to try a achieve from them. That was great for me. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get clients to pose or look a certain way or to try and figure out what kind of photographs they want. This was totally not the case with Alex. And that made the session really easy for me!! Bonus!

Below are some of my favorites from the shoot. It was hard to narrow down...there are so many good photos of the beautiful young woman. This was one shoot where I felt like I did an awesome job as a photographer. It just all came together and turned out so great.










Comments

Popular Posts