What To Pack??-Baby Addition

While I'm at it, I might as well show you all what I'm packing for these sweet little ladies and their hospital stay. We didn't really pack much for Georgia, only a going home outfit, and we had to call in for additional things to be brought to the hospital...blanket, clothes....um things that you should bring when you are having a baby. I guess I was pretty clueless about all of that...I just assumed that the hospital would provide her with everything that she needed while there. WRONG!

So this time around, I want my babies to be as comfy as possible. And we are having a fellow photographer friend come and take some photos while we are in the hospital so they might as well have all of their little cute stuff!

Here's the list.....if you have any other suggestions, please suggest away! Oh and remember, this is all times two.

1. Diapers (just a few)-just in case that these little ladies are sensitive to the ones the hospital gives us. But if the hospital diapers seem to be working just fine, we will totally be going with that. With as much as we have paid the hospital in the past year (you know, like paying for nursery care for a dead baby) we are getting as much free stuff as we can!

2. Wipes (a small pack)-for the exact same reason as the diapers, just in case.

3. Tassies-otherwise known as soothers, pacifiers, binkies,....whatever you like to call them. I'm pretty sure that my niece Rylee started calling her pacifier a tassie. It stuck with her little sister Rachel and it stuck with me too. The first time around, I was all for making sure the baby got good at nursing before we introduced the pacifier. But then, she started crying while we were in the hospital and wouldn't stop. Well the nurse gave us a pacifier and Georgia stopped crying. MIRACLE! So, I'm bringing some along this time. The way I see things, these babes are going to figure out where the food is coming from so when they are hungry, they will go for that. And when they need a comfort, they will go for the tassie.

4. Mittens-I don't want to be scratched by their little claws and I don't want them scratching themselves or each other either. Who knows, maybe my kids won't have eagle talons for fingernails, but most do!

5. Hats-A friend of mine works in labor and delivery and she said that it is helpful for their twin babies to wear different colored hats. Helps to tell them apart in the first few days. So, I'm bringing along some hats. I know that they usually give you hats at the hospital, and they will wear those too, but we have some pretty cute ones that are begging to be worn.

6. Blankets-As I've said earlier in this post, the last time we didn't bring much of anything with us. Thankfully someone brought us a gift and it was this wrap style blanket. It kind of makes a baby burrito. It's got this little pocket for the feet and the sides have velcro on them so that you can wrap your baby all nice and comfy cozy. And I'm pretty sure that every newborn in the history of the world likes to be swaddled. And this blanket makes it so easy. So two of those are going in the bag, fo shizzle!

7. Clothes-Some onesies, socks, PJs.....not a lot, just a couple of things each. I would hate for my babies to be nude.....which is how Georgia basically was until we got clothes from home brought to us. Well, she had a shirt and diaper on, but you know how messy babies can be, we needed more stuff!

8. Baby Books-I didn't think about this with Georgia, but it would be nice if their hand prints and foot prints were directly put on the pages of their baby books. And I will be able to write down anything that comes across my mind if I want.

9. Nursing Pillow-This was another item that we had to call for when Georgie was born. I'm only bringing one. I don't think that we will need two at the hospital. Maybe I'm wrong. I know, I'm bringing everything else, why not just bring both Boppys....well, I dunno.

10. Going Home Outfits-Georgia got to wear the dress that I came home from the hospital in....my daddy went and bought it for me. Isn't that sweet? My mom and I went out and found some really cute little dresses for these gals to wear home. I wasn't going to do matching outfits, but the dress I found was so stinkin' cute that I couldn't resist it. And it only came in one color. So they have a matching outfit....I'm not going to be one of those mom's who obsesses about dressing them alike every single day of their lives. Think about it, you might be changing these babies two or three times a day...think of all the laundry....think of all the time!! No way Jose!

11. Car Seats-we have the car seats and they will be squished in the back of my Subaru with Georgia's seat. It'll be a snug ride, that's for sure!

Did I forget something....who knows? I'm sure there will be things that I will say, why the heck didn't I bring this or why in the world DID I bring that. It's never going to be perfect. Hey at least this time I will have some clothes for my babies to wear.





Comments

  1. Wrap blankets are the best! Aubrey was a little burrito pretty much all the time during her first couple of weeks and the ones with the pocket for her legs and the Velcro swaddle helped me keep my sanity! She still sleeps in them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts