35 weeks-Still Holding On

Time for the weekly update...at least for those of you following along. Right now I'm 35 weeks and 5 days into this pregnancy. This week was the first time in a LONG TIME that I only had one day of doctor's appointments. It seems like I had the week off!

This week I went in for my normal ultrasound and NST. Both went fine. Both girls were active and there were no signs of anything but normal baby activity. Yea! Onto the details.....

My ultrasound was probably the quickest one that I've had since we found out we were having twins. Right away both twins were doing their breathing exercises...that is what we've had to wait on in our past appointments. My appointment was in the afternoon, and that is when they are more active. But it was good to see that they were both moving around and doing their little work out.
Baby A's heartbeat was at 140. She is still head down. In fact, the ultrasound tech said that her head is wedged so far down that she couldn't even see the top of it anymore. She said that it is highly unlikely that Baby A will move from the position that she is in, there is just no where else for her to go. The blood flow through her cord was also measured, and that was good! She got an A+.
Baby B's heartbeat was at 146. I am sad to report that Baby B is no longer head down. She is laying sideways, so she's not head up either. So I'm ok with that. At least she is not head up and in the complete opposite position from where she should be. And even though she is laying sideways, she's more head down than head up. So there is still a chance that she can turn herself head down and before my OB said that as long as Baby A was head down they would try a vaginal birth. She said that sometimes the baby will just slip into the correct position or they can manually turn the baby or as long as the baby is not in distress, she can be born breech. Everything else was perfect for Baby B.
Next, I went in for my NST. There was a little trouble getting Baby B's heartbeat because she is laying under Baby A. Other than that, the NST went just fine. Both babies were moving and their heartbeats were great. I was also not having any contractions. Now, if they would hook me up to that thing after I walk around Target for an hour or so, then they might find some contractions! When I'm laying around in a recliner, not so much. I guess that's why it's called a non stress test. :)
I didn't see the OB this week. I will see her next week. And after that I will see an OB or an NP every week until the babies are born. Nolan is going to go with me to next week to see the OB. This might be the last time we see her before we have these gals. I want to know how this thing is going to go. I know that sometimes with labor and delivery plans change, but I want to know what is normal for a twin birth. Will there be more than one OB in the room?  How many nurses will be there? I've heard that sometimes contractions stop after the delivery of the first baby, how long will they wait before starting Pitocin? If I go past 38 weeks, will we schedule an induction? If the babies and I are both doing fine, will we wait until after 40 weeks? There are just a few things that I want to check on.
Also, toward the end of last week, I found out that my OB will be on vacation the week of Aug 6-10. That also means she will be gone the weekend before and the weekend after, so I want to make sure that things are written in my chart for whoever is on call while she is gone. Just in case I do have these babies during that time. I guess it might also be a good thing to write up a birth plan, so if I'm in the throws of labor pains, Nolan can be my advocate and make sure that I things go the way I want them to go. Now, everyone and their brother knows that I do NOT want a c section, but if that's what it takes to get these babies here safely, then by all means, cut me open and get em outta there. I'm not risking my babies lives because of the ideal birth I have in my head. But I'm just staying positive that I will have an easy vaginal delivery!!!
I feel like this pregnancy is going to be ending in the next couple of weeks. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since about 28 weeks. I never had those with Georgia. I've also had other feelings that make me think things are winding down.
So well see what the next week holds and we will keep you updated on all the news and events. We have so many people thinking about us, praying for us and wishing us well with this pregnancy. Thank you all so much. It does take a village to raise a child and we are so glad that you are all apart of that village! So, until next time....

Comments

Popular Posts