It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday

Dear Georgie,

It's your first day of Kindergarten, can you believe it? I know that you are excited about going and that makes me so happy. But being away from you all day makes me a little sad. It makes me sad because this means that you are a big girl and while I want you to grow and learn new things and meet new people and have all the fun a girl can have, I also want to keep you safe at home with me. So Mommy's emotions are all mixed up today.

It's not just you going to Kindergarten that has me all mixed up. That's part of it, but another part is that our family life is changing. Even though we've known that the twins were coming for months now, it just feels like everything is happening at once. Our little family of 3 is going to be a big family of 5 in no time at all. I've loved being a family of 3. I've loved all the things that we were able to do together, the trips we have been on, and the experiences we've had together. Things will never be the same again, and that is sometimes a little bit hard.

Even though our family is changing a bit, we are going to be adding two sweet little baby girls to the mix. And I know that you are excited to meet them, just as Daddy and I are excited to meet them. For a little while, it's going to take some getting used to. They will take a lot of my time, they will take a lot of Daddy's time. And you know what, they will take a lot of your time too. If I know you, and I know you pretty well by now, you are going to be so excited to see them when you get home from school. You will want to hold them and play with them. And they will be so excited to see you when you get home from school too.

So, while things are changing here, I know that they are changing for the best. Sometimes even good changes  can be difficult. We will all have some adjustments to make and new schedules and new roles to learn. I hope that all of these changes and adjustments go smoothly and we all figure out our new roles...Daddy and I will try to figure out how to be parents to three little girls and you will be figure out how to be a big sister.

Even though I said goodbye to you through tears this morning, I hope that you have an awesome first day of Kindergarten. I know that you will do well and that you will meet so many new friends and make so many fantastic memories. So here's to the first of many first days of school. I hope that you continue to remain as excited for the rest of them as you are today.

Love,
Mama

Comments

Popular Posts