So, How Did It Go?

The whole fam woke up around 6:30 this morning to get ready for the first day of school for Georgia. The first thing that I did was call Georgia's name at the bottom of the stairs. I heard a chipper, "what?" It sounded like she was already wide awake. I told her it was time to get up and she quickly said, "OK!" and the next thing I know she is bounding down stairs and into the kitchen to watch me whip up the pancakes. Being the Suzy Homemaker that I am these days I got right to work making some of Aunt Jamima's famous pancakes.

My little Chatty Cathy was talking my ear off about what her first day was going to be like. Sometimes you have to be down right rude with the girl to get a word in edgewise. Several times during breakfast she was told that she needed to stop the chit chat and eat her breakfast.

Once breakfast was over I helped her get ready. I didn't really NEED to help her, but it goes much faster if I do. And luckily for me, Nolan was dropping her off at school on his way to work. That meant I could stay in my PJs for a little while longer!

Before they left, there were pictures to take, of course. Can you imagine if I did not document my eldest daughter's first day of school? Anyway, after the photos it was time to go. I was able to hold it together to give Georgia a goodbye kiss and hug and even Nolan got a quick peck in before the tears began to flow. I had to step on the front porch so she wouldn't see me boo-hooing. When the car started I pulled myself together and stepped out into the yard to wave goodbye for the final time and blow a kiss....both of which were returned by my sweet girl!

After that the tears really started to flow as I walked into my silent house. The night before Nolan told me to try to enjoy the quiet because it will only be a few days and then there will be no more quiet in our house for a long, LONG time. I get a few hours for the next however many days it is until I pop these kids out to be alone and have some down time. So, I tried to remember that. I tried to remember that it's certainly going to get easier watching her go to school and she is going to love it. And, I need this little break because we all know what's coming. Soon and very soon, I will have to helpless little lasses to care for 24 hours a day.

So instead of sulking all day and missing my baby girl, I took some photos for a friend (her little man turns 1 soon and she wanted some photos for his birthday invites!) and we were able to chat over a chai tea. Then I went and spent the afternoon at the salon, getting what will probably be, my last hair cut for some time. And when I was done at the salon, it was time to pick up little G. So, even though I cried last night.....and this morning.....and this morning some more.....and this afternoon.....it was a good day and I finally did something for myself.

Here is what makes the best part of the day, when I went to pick G up she grinned from ear to ear when she saw me. She was so excited to tell me about her day. Let's see if I can remember the high lights.....

-She met a girl named Riley. She really likes this because her cousin is named Rylee.
-There was a girl wearing blue and white and she got homesick.
-Georgia couldn't go to sleep during nap time because Snoopy was not with her.
-Lunch was her favorite part of the day.
-They went out to the playground and she asked Riley to play princess pirates with her.
-They read the book The Kissing Hand.
-They also read a book about a Gingerbread Man who escaped from the book.
-Her class got to go searching throughout the school for the Gingerbread Man. He left notes telling them where to go next.
-The last spot they looked was the gym and he left a note saying that they almost caught him but he left to go to another school.
-The Gingerbread Man did leave them some cookies, they were Oreos.
-She sat next to a boy named Carter. Or it could be Carson. He's been called both.
-The only names of her classmates she remembers are Carter, Riley, Amelia, and Parker.
-She got two dinosaur books to look at during rest time.
-She wanted to look at more, but her teacher Mrs Griffith told her no more than two books.

Those are a few of the things I've heard about since I picked her up this afternoon. All in all, it sounds like she had a great day and did well in her class. Congrats Georgia, day #1 was a success!





                                           

Comments

  1. Wow!!! She looks so big! and going to school? Wow! Is she in preschool, Kindergarten,or grade 1 now? She looks so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics, and I am glad she had fun! Who knows . . . maybe Riley will still be around in 27 years :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts