it's only 10 days, right?

How have you been feeling since the holidays? Well, I've been feeling pretty blah. Since Thanksgiving I've been sluggish and pretty bloated....I know, exactly what you all wanted to know!!! I'm pretty sure it was all of activities we were doing, going out to eat TOO MUCH, late nights, traveling and not getting enough exercise. I kind of feel like I need to push a reset button for my body. 

The idea of a detox sounds appealing. Getting rid of all of the toxins in our bodies, who doesn't want to do that? But, after looking at several of these plans, I'm not sure I could stick to it. There are lots of juices, lots of smoothies and broths. I could see this working if it was just myself and Nolan doing this for the weekend or something like that but, with three little ones, I'm not sure I would have the will power to keep on the plan. I mean really....how could you turn down, an buttery grilled cheese sandwich when all you've had to eat all day is some juice and broth? It just seems like I would be setting myself up for failure. 

Well, I've been searching the web to see what I can do about it. To see if I can find some sort of middle ground. Something where I could eat some real food, but also detox a bit too. I found this 10 day shred from http://www.skinnymom.com/. Having a plan really helps me....and this gives you step by step instructions, but also allows for some flexibility. You can either stick with their example of how you should eat during the day or you can arrange the meal plan to suit your own needs. And there are some exercises that go along with this plan too. I've roped Nolan into doing the exercises with me. Hopefully that will help keep me accountable :)

Now, I'm not going to be all crazy about this either. I'm going to try to eat this way most of the time over the next 10 days, but I'm not going to refuse to go out to dinner because I'm following this plan. 

I do have to warn you, this is not cheap. All the fruit and veggies, the vitamins, the supplements, the almond milk, the protein powder. You do need mostly frozen fruit since your using most of it in the smoothies. I also bought mostly frozen veggies since there isn't much in season this time of year. The protein powder alone is $40 for a container. On the plan, there are two protein shakes per day and each of those shakes has one scoop of protein powder. AND each container of protein powder has about 15 scoops in it. Well.....that means that this $40 protein powder won't last the 10 days.....so, I guess I'll be going out and buying another one when the time comes. 

But, the cost will be worth it if I start having more energy and stop feeling so sluggish all the time! And, it will be something that I can go back and do again if I need to...hopefully, I won't for a while. The snow storm helped us get back into the groove of cooking meals at home. Since we didn't go anywhere for several days, we were forced to get in the kitchen and cook a meal....heaven forbid! And, while I don't always cook super healthy meals, most of the time, we eat pretty healthy here at home....lots of veggies, lean meats and salads! 

So, I'll keep you posted on how its going. If you decide to do this 10 day shred or if you are doing your own body reset, let me know how its going for you!

Comments

Popular Posts