ToT: Everyday is the 14th


Happy Valentine's Day beloved readers! Are you getting your cards ready to send? Are you expecting a big bouquet of flowers and a heart shaped box of candy? Are you going out on a special date? Or do you think this day is just another pointless reason to spend money? That's our topic for this weeks ToT post...Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Why or why not?


Thinking back to Valentine's Days of the past, I realize that I've had some pretty great ones. My favorite was a couple of years ago when Nolan woke up early and left little notes all over the house for me. They were all things that he loves about me. As I went through the day, I would find them hiding in the pantry, coat closet, my car, just all over. I loved it. It didn't cost anything but time. I still have some of those notes stuck around the house 2 years later. When I see them, they make me remember how special I felt that morning when I was reading them all for the first time.

Nolan and I usually get a little something for each other. We don't go over board. There is no fancy jewelry. There is no expensive dinner. It's just a little token to say, hey I love you...you're special....you rock my world.

This year for both Nolan and Georgia, I got a little creative. On February 1 they woke up to find a little note and a little treat for them on the kitchen table. Here are some of the ideas that I either came up with on my own or found on Pinterest......

Valentine, I love you to pieces (this came with Reese's pieces candy)
Valentine, you knock my socks off (this came with....socks!)
Valentine, Donut you know that I love you (this came with, you guessed it donuts)
Valentine, I'm stuck on you (with stickers)
Valentine, we're MINT for each other (with mints)
Valentine, I'm nuts about you (with peanut M&Ms)
Valentine, life would be unBEARable without you (with gummy bears)
Valentine, I chews you (with chewing gum)
I was soaping you would be my Valentine (with body wash)
Valentine, you're write for me (with pencils)

I have enjoyed being a little Valentine Fairy and sneaking around in the middle of the night to leave these little treats. And, seeing Georgia's reaction in the mornings is just great. One night she came down to our room because she had a bad dream. Nolan went to tuck her back into bed and she told him, "I didn't look to see what was on the kitchen table because I wanted it to be a surprise for tomorrow." She's so sweet.

Also, this year I decided that I was going to leave another little note for Georgia from February 1 through Valentine's Day telling her 14 things that I love about her. Nolan heard my plan and decided to get in on the action too. So every night we cut out a little heart and write something that we each love about Georgia. I want her to know how special she is to us. I want her to know that she is a pretty great kid. I want her know that no matter what happens outside of this house....no matter what other people say about her, her Mom and Dad love her. The world can be a cruel place and if I can make our home her safe haven, then I feel like I'm doing a good job.

I got the twins a little doll. I couldn't leave them out, even though they don't give a hoot about Valentine's Day.

One thing that I really love about Valentine's Day is helping Georgia make her Valentines for her friends at school. Her first year of preschool, we made cards....it was a family project. Georgia loves elephants, so Nolan drew an elephant profiles on some pretty cool scrapbook paper. We cut those out and glued them to card stock. Then we stuck a single googly eye on each elephant. You opened the card up and it said "Valentine, I've got my eye on you!" It was a hit!

Last year, I took a photo of Georgia holding her arm out and her hand extended. I used some photo editing tools and typed on the photo "Will you be my buttercup?" And then we glued a Reese's peanut butter cup in her hand. Take a look....




And this year, they aren't celebrating Valentine's day, they are celebrating Friendship Day. Same thing, different name. We went with a photograph of her again. This is what we came up with......


I love that they are personalized. I love her photo on anything. I love that I put my website at the bottom of this Valentine!



So, what do you do for Valentine's Day?


Comments

Popular Posts