day #48 Pennies For Patients

day #48


Georgia's school is raising money for Leukemia patients at Riley Hospital. The program is called Pennies for Patients. Her class learned all about Leukemia. One night after her bath she was noticing the bruises on her legs. They are normal kid bruises from running into things and falling down. Nothing out of the ordinary. She comments on how many bruises she has and then she looks at me with fear in her eyes and says, "Maybe I have Leukemia!" I reassured her and told her that I didn't think she had Leukemia that these were just normal bruises from being a kid. I asked her if she knew that people could die from Leukemia and she said yes. She also told me that is why she needs to raise money to help them. It amazes me how much this little 5 year old knows and how compassionate she is....she's a good kid.

Comments

Popular Posts