day #32 my boyfriend's back

day #32


I'm not talking about one of my old flames...no sir. We call this guy Myrtle's boyfriend. Every now and then we see him hanging around our house. It all started last spring when we were in Kansas for a week long visit. We returned home to find Myrtle trying to escape every time the door was opened. Well, it was all because of this guy. He was hanging around the house, peeping in our windows. And Myrtle wanted to go outside and hang out with him. She was fierce about it too. 
And, now it has started again. A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, he and Myrtle were gazing at each other through the sliding glass door. And then again last week on Friday he was sitting peaking inside our house through the sliding glass door. It was really cold that day and I felt so bad for the guy. I set out some food and water for him. When I opened the door, he tried to come inside. I wanted to let him in. If I didn't think that WW III was going to break out if he was inside, I might have done it. It was really cold and snowing. Anyway, since I couldn't let him in the house, I took a towel that is in our rag bag and put it in the dryer to warm it up. I set it outside for him, but he didn't use it. And I didn't see him the rest of the day. I wondered what happened to him. 
So, I was pleasantly surprised when Nolan came out of his office and told Myrtle that she had a visitor. This dude was sitting in the front window. I was happy to see that he made it through the cold weekend. Anyway, I went outside to take a picture of him and again, he tried to come in the house. The entire time I was trying to get a photo of him he was rubbing on my legs. Maybe it's me he's coming to see!

Comments

  1. IKR, he's such a sweet boy....I wish we could add him to our family...I've got such a soft heart for little strays. He's clearly not feral.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts