ToT-bucket list

The bucket list....the ultimate list of things you want to do before you die. I think that everyone has at least a few things they would like to do before they kick the bucket. Everyone wants to accomplish something. Everyone has dreams. There was even a movie made about this very topic. And from what I heard, it was pretty decent. This list can be anything. It's your list for goodness sake, put on it whatever you want to. It can be simple, it can be adventurous, it can be ANYTHING. The bucket list is our topic for this weeks ToT post. Here's mine in no particular order. 

-Go to Australia and hold a koala. You see, I have this love for koalas. Next to my own children, koalas are quite possibly the cutest things on earth. I want to go to Australia and hold a koala. It's not just something I want, I have a burning desire in the depths of my soul to do this. I can't explain it. And when I do get to Australia and have this insanely cute koala snuggled up to me I will probably cry. Yep, real tears will flow out of my eyes. It's strange, I know. 

Kristen Bell kind of has the same reaction with sloths. Ok, maybe I wouldn't be crying on my bed, but I would get emotional for sure. 

-Buy a historic home and fix it up. There is a neighborhood close by that Nolan and I would really love to move into. We would love to get an old house and update it while keeping it's historic charm. Ah, maybe one day. 

-Become a really fantastic photographer. I want to be so good at this. I want to really know what I'm doing. I want people to come to me with questions and advice. I want my work to be fantastic. I'll keep working at it!

-Be financially secure enough that when Nolan retires we can spend a lot of our time traveling. There are so many places that I would love to visit. I want to go to Italy. I want to go to Hawaii. I want to go to Greece. I want to go to India. I want to go to Paris. I want to go everywhere. I want to spend time just living out of my suitcase. 

-Find a really meaningful way to honor Violet. I would really love to figure out some way to honor her memory and help others. It might be helping babies or children or it might be helping families coping with the loss of their baby. It's just so important to me that her name isn't forgotten. I want everyone to know about Violet and how important she is to our family. 

-Take my kids on a really fantastic trip. I want to take the trip of a lifetime with my children. I want to do things with them that they have never done before. I want them to think back on this trip and remember how awesome it was. 

-Learn how to make my mom's homemade noodles. My mom makes awesome noodles. It's what I always ask her to make for my birthday dinner. I want to learn how to make them so that I can eventually pass this onto my girls. So I've already told her that one Saturday when Nolan can take the twins, I want to come over and learn how to make noodles. Hmmm! 

-Get really good at sewing. I dabble at sewing. I just need to take a class and learn. My mother in law is really fantastic and I wish that she could just teach me, but the 12 hour drive between us makes that a little bit hard! I always have some sort of project that I'm asking for help with though and she's always willing to lend her expert hand :)

-Be financially secure. I like to spend money. It's true. We would probably have a lot more in the bank if I didn't go to Target so much. I mean, it's not like we are in debt or anything, but I spend more than I should, for sure. Anyway, I would love for us just to have enough in our savings account to buy a new car if we needed one. Or to travel like I would love to do. Or buy that historic home and fix it up. So, I'm a work in progress on this one!

-Get a complete makeover. You know how they do it on TV shows? They pick some random lady from the audience and make her into a bombshell. This may be vain, but I would love for that to happen to me. I would let them do whatever...cut my hair, dye my hair, do whatever you need to do. Make the beauty happen!

So this is my bucket list. Most of this stuff is trivial, but that's what makes it fun. And hopefully I will get to do some of these things before it's time for me to leave this earth. If not, well, that's ok too.

What's on your bucket list?





Comments

  1. Nancy-we have a lot of the same things on our lists. Love it! I also have to say, those darn Koalas are cute, but their claws are a bit sharp, and they can be heavy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, when I saw Kristen Bell lose it, I thought of you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I'm so jealous of your koala holding. It's not even funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts