Hmmmm, just a thought.....or two....or three.

I'm thinking about doing a weekly or biweekly post about some of the different recipes that I try out. I was thinking about sharing the recipe, my thoughts about cooking, what we thought about the taste and a photo. I really like to cook and I'm not afraid to try new things out so I thought, why not blog about it. I might be able to pass something on. And it would make sure that I'm trying out new things and not getting stuck in a recipe rut. 

I am also thinking about doing something similar for the ideas/crafts that I find on Pinterest. If you don't know about Pinterest, it's an online pin board with about a million and one ideas. You can get recipes, plan a party, decorate your house, learn how to do a French braid, get a pattern to sew a dress for your daughter, or learn how to build a table out of reclaimed wood. You can find out how to do or make just about anything here. ANYWAY, I personally have about 10 thousand ideas that I'm wanting to try out. I thought about sharing those on here too. 

Something else that I'm toying with is the idea of doing a little recap of our weeks on Saturdays. Maybe a little list of 6 things that happened this week....maybe call it Saturday's Six....you didn't see that coming did you? So clever...not really, but just humor me. It's just one more way for me to remember what all we've been up to. 

And lastly, since the twins were born in Aug I've lost about 34 lbs. I attribute most of that to breast feeding since I haven't been doing very much exercise. And I lost most of it within the first month of their birth. And actually, I'm back down to the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant with them (and on good days, I'm a few pounds lighter). Here's the thing though, when I got pregnant with the twins, I was not at a weight that I desired to be at. I only had about a month long break between the end of my pregnancy with Violet and the beginning of my pregnancy with the twins. And our wonderful friends brought us so many delicious meals after Violet's death. Delicious chocolate cakes, delicious cheesy casseroles, delicious meaty stews, delicious homemade bread (yes, I remember all of you and your delicious comfort food). And needless to say, I just ate my sorrows away. So the # on the scale just got higher and higher. I was just starting to get back into a workout routine and paying a bit more attention to what I was eating when I found out I was pregnant. So, I would like to drop about 20 lbs. I would be happy with that. I would feel better about myself, I'm sure. I would like to get back to the point where running 3 miles is no big deal....running at all is a big deal right now. And I was going to Yoga 1 or 2 times per week, I would like to start that again. Before I felt strong and now I just feel dumpy. I thought by blogging about it, it would keep me accountable. Also when I'm feeling frustrated (which anyone who has tried to lose weight knows that there are many frustrating times) I can go back look at my progress. 

So, what do you think about these ideas. Are they blog worthy? 

Comments

  1. Nancy-I like all of these ideas, and I think they are all blog worthy, although I think it might be a lot to take on at once. That's just me though. I find it hard to get a moment to blog and post pics because sometimes it takes my pics forever to upload. Maybe you could do each idea for a month and try them out that way. Then you can decide what you enjoy the most, or if want to do them all. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts