Dear Baby Girls-A Letter To My Twins

Dear Baby A and Baby B,

Soon we won't be calling you Baby A and Baby B, we will be calling you by your names. I feel a little weird calling you by your name right now. I don't want to jinx anything. I mean, what if I call you by your name and then one of you is a boy instead of a girl? I would feel a little bit bad about that. Now that doesn't mean that I think that there is the possibility that one of you could be a boy, we've had so many ultrasounds, by so many different ultrasound techs and they all say two girls. But....Mommy likes to play it safe.

Right now you guys are wiggling around. I can see elbows, heels and little rear ends poking out. I'm so glad that you are both wiggly gals. I know that I can usually just put my hand on my tummy and feel at least one of you moving. It's just a bit of reassurance and Mommy needs that every now and then. And Daddy and Georgia like to feel you move and watch my belly go up and down with your little dances too.

I have so many hopes and dreams for you both. I hope you arrive here safely. That's #1 on my list right now because that should be coming any day now. Our family is just waiting for you to get here. We are excited. We are nervous. We are scared. Taking care of twins is going to be wonderful and exhausting. Our emotions  are on both ends of the spectrum. At least these are things that Daddy and I are feeling. Georgia is just so excited to become your big sister. That is why she can't wait for you to get here!

Other hopes and dreams I have for you are for when you grow up. I hope that you love being apart of our family. I want you to love our craziness as much as I do. We like to be together, we are a close knit group. I hope that you enjoy that.
I hope that you both look up to Georgia. She's one amazing little girl who has brought so much happiness and joy into our lives. I think that you will find her smart, funny, energetic, and full of love for you both.
I hope that you feel loved everyday of your life. Always know that Daddy and I will love you both forever. But I hope that as you grow into adulthood, you find someone that loves, respects and honors you as much as Daddy does me. It is such a blessing to have him as my lifelong companion.
I hope that you are kind to one another. Please don't fight, at least not too much. And don't say something that you will regret and want to take back later. Words hurt, and sometimes those wounds take longer to heal.
I hope you use your talents. Don't be afraid because something seems hard, go for it and you never know, you might just make it!

I have so many hopes and dreams for you, but most of all I want you to be my daughters. I want you to be Georgia's sisters. I want us to love each other and be happy. I want to make memories with you. I want your childhood to be filled good times that you can look back on fondly.
So my darlings....I'll leave you with this famous quote from A.A. Milne, "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Love,
Mama

PS I can't wait to meet you!!

Comments

Popular Posts