38 Weeks-Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying....

38 weeks people.Actually, 38 weeks and 2 days.  Right now, as I'm sitting here typing this blog, I feel like labor is never going to start. I have been having all kinds of aches and pains that have made me think that labor will happen anytime, but it hasn't. I even told Nolan weeks ago that I thought things were winding down for sure. I didn't even have these aches and pains before Georgia was born and I went into labor naturally with her. Right now, I'm a woman with little patience.

Last week I did go back to the OB office for another NST (that was the second one of the week). Everything once again looked great. Both babies have strong heartbeats and they were going up and down like they are supposed to at this point. Also the babies had great movement. Baby A had to be stirred up a little bit with the horn, but once that woke her up, she was wiggling around just like her sister.

Another thing that I kept my eye on was the contraction monitor. When I was in earlier in the week, I had 3 or 4 contractions in the 45 minutes that I was hooked up to the machine. AWESOME!!!! This time, I asked about the contractions and I was told that I didn't have any this time (I was only there for about 30 minutes since both babies did such a good job), but it did show that my uterus was irritated. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! My uterus is not the only thing that's irritated, I can tell you that much. Beatrice went on to explain that I probably am having more contractions throughout the day, but I just didn't have any during the 30 minutes that I was hooked up to the machine. Eh, that didn't really make me feel better, but whatever. I guess I'll take what I can get. At least the babies are doing well in their crammed quarters.

So I go back to the OB office on Tuesday IF I have not gone into labor by then. I have my usual ultrasound (they will be doing measurements this time), NST and then seeing my OB (as long as she doesn't have to leave right before my appointment for an emergency). And as I mentioned in my week 37 blog, we are going to talk about inducing. I really want these babies to come on their own, but I'm also tired and I hurt and I'm grouchy and I'm anxious and I'm uncomfortable and I've been pregnant FOREVER! I know that when you are induced you carrying a higher risk of having the dreaded C section. I had medication to help with my labor with Georgia and I had to be induced with Violet, so I don't think that it will cause me to need a C section. AND to put it bluntly, Baby A is like ready to fall out. I have no idea how she has not caused labor to start. Seriously, when labor does start, I don't think it will take very long for her to make her way out. It seems like a couple of good pushes and she will be here.

So, Nolan is going to come with me on Tuesday (at least to talk with my OB) and we can figure this out together. He knows that I'm so done. Once we get all the info, we can make a decision. At least, if I haven't gone into labor by Tuesday, I will get to talk to my OB finally.

As a side note, we have been trying to get this labor thing started. I have been working around the house like a busy little bee. Let's see, Wednesday I went walking with Sarah and her sweet boy James (we were doing the same thing last year for her, boy these August babies). I had several contractions while walking, but nothing that lasted after we were finished. Thursday, I stayed up until about 2am finishing the curtain for the nursery because I was sure that labor was going to start this weekend. At least I got the curtain done. Friday, I spent the day relaxing for the most part. I was able to go back to sleep after Nolan left to take Georgia to school (since I had stayed up until 2am the night before) and then I went for a prenatal massage, thanks again Sarah for the gift certificate! That was pretty much great. It had been suggested to us by several friends that we should go out for Mexican food to induce labor. So, we did. The food was good, the service was spacey and I was insulted by a woman sitting in the booth behind us. If you've read Facebook, you know what I'm talking about. So, not a great evening out to dinner, but it would have made it all better if labor had started! Saturday, my mom came over and we cleaned for the afternoon. Again, contractions throughout the day, but nothing that started labor. That night we out for Cajun....I poured the hot sauce on my red beans and rice...then we went walking around the baby store. Again, more contractions that led nowhere. Today, we decided to skip out on church and spend the day as a family. We slept in and then had a late lunch and decided to walk these babies out at the Indiana state fair. We spent about 2 hours walking around the fair. Again more contractions while we were walking around and I've even had some since we've been home, but well....we are still waiting for labor to start. Hmmm.....

I guess there is always tomorrow.......

Comments

Popular Posts