Good Reads Book #3

Last week I finished the book Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia. This was a hard book for me to get into at the beginning. It was depressing reading about the lives of these women. 


And while it was depressing, I also found it hard to read about how rich and privileged she was....all the while, knowing that the poor women had it so much worse. They don't have a maid to rub their feet....they don't get the chance to jet off to Italy......they don't have fancy jewels to wear....or palaces built for them. 

So, I have mixed emotions about this book....as did many of the members of my book club. Will I read the rest of the books in the series, probably not. Should you read this book...well, it's not one that I would highly recommend, but I would say it's worth a read if you have the time. 

Comments

Popular Posts