Day of Kindness

This past October, we had a day of kindness in honor of Violet. We asked our friends and family to do an act of kindness for someone....friend, stranger, whom ever. We also asked them to tell the recipient of their kindness about Violet, if they were comfortable doing so. 

We were overwhelmed by the response that we got. My phone was blowing up all day long with emails, facebook posts and text messages about the acts of kindness for Violet. It was happening all over the world. We got notes from Italy and London and even in Afghanistan. 

Since then, I've been feeling like I need to do something more. Something permanent. Some sort of yearly event that we can do to honor Violet. It maybe something just like this...a day of kindness on her birthday or it might some sort of fundraiser to buy teddy bears for the Open Arms program. 

Last year, our family did 26 acts of kindness to honor Violet since I was 26 1/2 weeks pregnant with her when she died. I don't think that our family will do that many acts of kindness in one day...it was a lot with three little kids in tow! But, we had a great day. There were tears shed, smiles shared, and lots of happiness. I feel like we have turned something very devastating and sad into something wonderful. 

I hope that you continue to follow our journey and help us figure out what is the best way to honor Violet's memory. It warms my heart to know that others know about Violet...to know that she meant something to us....to know that she was loved so much. 

Comments

Popular Posts