ToT-Sports Fanatic!

A couple of weeks ago, the ToT post was all about sports....are you a big sports fan or do you hang out at the snack table during the big game? Well, I do both, but that's beside the point! Here's what I think about all things SPORTS!

Do I like sports...um yes! It's a good thing because the man I married...Mr Lichti comes from a long line of sports fans. And there is usually some sort of sport on the TV in our house...baseball, basketball, football....it doesn't matter. College, professional, little league....again, it doesn't matter. We like it all around here. Some teams I've been cheering for since I can remember. Others I married into. I feel like when you get married, you have to cheer for your spouses team. Unless they are playing your team, that is!!!

My love of sports started young. I started watching IU basketball games with my brother (he's the real sport fanatic of the Fletcher family). He went off to college at IU when I was just 7. We would watch IU basketball games religiously. I even got to go to a few games and sit up in the nosebleed seats! I can even remember staying up late to watch the 1987 NCAA basketball championship game. Indiana was playing against the Syracuse Orangemen. 

I remember my red pom-poms went flying in the air as I jumped out of my seat with Keith Smart hit the winning shot. 

The shot heard round the world.

This past season, watching the Hoosiers play was just as fun. They didn't win it all, but it was a good ride while it lasted! I'm already looking forward to next season! I will proudly wear my cream and crimson!

There are a couple more college basketball teams that I follow. Those Butler Bulldogs sure know how to make games exciting! Who would have expected this little team to go to the tournament championship two years in a row? We love to cheer for The Dawgs! And I also started cheering for the Kansas Jayhawks....I married into that one! Rock Chalk!

And I gotta love my Indiana Pacers. I followed them pretty closely in the 90s, but there were some rough times. I think that the team is past that now. I think that the city is coming back around to loving the Pacers again. I certainly have Pacer Pride again! I've got my fingers crossed that the Pacers can knock off Miami!!! 

And who could forget the Indiana Fever? Last fall the Fever won the WNBA championship title! Way to go ladies!!! We are hoping to catch at least one game this summer!!! 

I'm not only a basketball fan.....I love to watch professional football! Well, when you have a home team like the Colts to cheer for, it's not hard to love football! It was great watching the Colts win the super bowl in 2007. It was really hard for the city when Peyton Manning was no longer a Colt. Change is hard, especially when its someone that was so well liked by the community. It is because of Manning that Indianapolis became a football city. I think that most people got over it during the last seasons, but it sure was weird seeing Manning in a Broncos jersey!


And I've become a Bears fan, once again by marriage! That is as long as they aren't playing the Colts!

And baseball....the great American past time. I love going to games. It's really something to watch a baseball game live. It's the people, the food and the game that really make it something special. I don't really care to watch baseball on TV. And we're Cubs fans in this house! Go Cubbies. 

And that's pretty much it as far as sports go in this house. Are you a sports fanatic?

Comments

Popular Posts