The Daily Grind

This weeks ToT post is all about our daily routine....what is a daily ritual that keeps you sane???


Hmmmm, can one really be sane with 9 month old twins (yes, it really has been 9 months)? Well, some may be to differ, but yes, I think that you can. And part of that comes from something that I do ALMOST every night. 

I've told you all before about daily routine. So you already know that we are on the go from the time our feet hit the ground in the morning. Some days it seems like I don't have a second to catch my breath. After having such a busy day, a bit of time to unwind is a MUST. 

Something that keeps me sane is just having time to unwind after a long day. Once all the kids are in bed and Nolan and I have finished any chores that needed to be done, we both veg for an hour or two. I read a book....he plays computer games....I edit photos....he reads sports articles...we both surf the web. And all of this happens while we are sitting in bed...it's the most comfortable place in the house. Even the girls want to hang out in mom and dad's bed!

I feel like I just need this part of my day to get me refreshed for the next day. There is never an easy day or a slow day around here. There is no free time.....that is until about 9pm! And sometimes we stay up too late. Sometimes I wonder what in the world I was doing that was so important that I kept myself up until 12AM. 

What keeps you sane? What is apart of your daily routine that keeps you going and ready for the next day?


Comments

  1. Nancy-this sounds a lot like my post. :) I find myself asking the same question-why did I stay up so late. Sometimes I'll be reading a book or watching TV telling myself to turn it off, or just go to bed already, then an hour later, I'm still sitting on the couch. I have to get better at going to bed earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts