ToT-A Funtastic Summer

This weeks ToT post is all about what we do in the summer...our summer traditions. 

Hmmm, summer traditions. Summer traditions, hmmm. Do we have any summer traditions? YIKES, maybe we don't!!! I can't think of a single thing that we do every summer without fail. I suppose we have a bunch of lamos here in the Fletcher Lichti house. 

Before you start thinking about how lame we are, remember what happened last summer? Um, I birthed twins....


And the summer before that I was pregnant with Violet. So, the past two summers have been all about pregnancy and babies. I really didn't feel like doing much else. 

BUT, the more I thought about it, I did come up with one thing that we do EVERY SUMMER. I think that we've done this every summer since we've been married. Do you know what it might be? Any guesses?

We go to the Indiana State Fair. I love the fair. I love to walk around and smell all the delicious food that might give you a heart attack before you leave. I love to visit all the animals...horses, pigs, cows, chickens, ducks, bunnies, whatever! I love to stroll through the midway and look at the rides. I love to go see the quilts, the photography, the art work, and the cakes that won blue ribbons. I like to see if I know any of the winners. I love to watch all of the other people at the fair....really, there are some pretty interesting characters there! And, before you leave the fair, you must get an elephant ear with a lemon shake up. Sometimes a corn dog is in order too. 









Those photos were taken a couple of years ago....Georgia is so much bigger than that now! 

And yes, even though the fair is in late July/early Aug, I went to the fair last year too. We were hoping that all that walking around might bring on labor....it didn't. 

That is what we do every year...without fail...I didn't even let the fact that I was 9 months pregnant with twins stop me from going. If you haven't been, you should go. 

What do you do every summer?





Comments

  1. Well, last year I went to the state fair, then directly to Community North to visit a new set of twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that Nate! Robin even brought us taffy from the fair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts