2012 Year In Review

January
-Spent a day mourning the loss of my baby girl Violet. Her due date was 1/11/2012.
-The very next I found out that I would be expecting twins in August. 
-We went to Disney for a week....we all had a great time, but Georgia was in awe of everything. 

February
-The Super Bowl was in Indy! We enjoyed going downtown to see the sights!
-I started a little business known as Purple Peaches Photography. I've been loving it!
-We celebrated Nolan's birthday!

March
-I started a  blog to talk about our journey. 
-We watched a lot of basketball....we were able to cheer on Kansas into the championship game, but they were no match for Kentucky. 

April
-At the end of March/beginning of April we were in Kansas for a visit. We were able to be there for Nolan's Grandpa's 90th birthday party and we got to spend Easter with the Lichti's.
-I started writing ToT (Together on Tuesdays) with a group of ladies. It's been great fun and we should be getting back to writing soon!
-We found out that our twins are GIRLS!
-At the end of the month, Nolan took a 5 day business trip to Seattle. Boy did Georgia and I miss him, but we also had a lot of fun hanging out and doing all sorts of girl things!

May
-Grandma drove from Kansas for a visit!
-We went to Goshen to celebrate Nolan's great aunt's 100th birthday!
-My photography business really started to take off this month!
-We did some maternity photos with a friend of mine. They turned out so awesome! Thanks Sarah!
-Our niece Aubrey Kate was born! We love her!
-I had a baby shower! Thanks to everyone who planned the shower and also those who came. It was a good time, even if Carol's bathroom almost caught on fire! Whoops!

June
-Going to LOTS of doctor appointments. It's annoying, but I'm glad that my babies are doing well!

July
-A elephant was born at the Indianapolis zoo and we decided to take Georgia to see it.The people at the zoo probably thought I was pregnant with an elephant....I was seriously huge!
-I'm still having lots of doctor appointments.
-Georgia started swimming lessons at the YMCA.
-I was put on modified bed rest! BOO!
-Georgia starts KINDERGARTEN! WHAT?
-I'm still pregnant!

August
-I'm still pregnant.
-Georgia turns 5 on August 9
-One week later, I'm scheduled for an induction for these twins. I made it 39 weeks and could have gone longer. Evelyn Paulette and June Elizabeth were born on August 17, 5 minutes apart. 
-Nothing will ever be the same again!
-We participated in Run 4 Everett. A couple from our support group lost their son Everett. The money raised from this run benefit the Kate Cares program. This program helped us learn the reasons for Violet's death. 

September
-We get a visit from Grandma and Grandpa!
-Grandma stays on for a week with us! What a great help she was!
-I started taking photos again after a few weeks off. It was nice to get back into the swing of things!

October
-I turn 33!
-October 11 marked the one year anniversary of Violet's death. We let go of purple balloons in her honor. I hope you liked them baby girl!
-Nolan's Aunt Brenda came for a long weekend visit. It was great to have her here and we look forward to many more visits!
-We did our annual trip to the zoo for Zoo Boo!
-For Halloween our friends Sarah and Ben and their little guy James came over for dinner and a good time trick or treating. The night was capped off with a little It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! 

November
-This Thanksgiving we had much to be thankful for!

December
-Our Advent season was filled with holiday traditions, Christmas movies, special outings and tasty treats!
-Georgia has her first winter performance at school. 
-Georgia has another performance, but this time it was the church Christmas musical. 
-We celebrated Christmas with the Fletcher's here in Indy!
-We celebrated with the Lichti's in St Louis!
-We caught up with good friends and spent NYE in Chicago. 

What a year we've had. I'm sure that I missed some things, but when the last part of your year is a blur and the first part happened so long ago you can barely remember, it makes it a little hard :)

I hope you enjoyed the recap of my year. I wish you the best in 2013.










Comments

Popular Posts