Half Baked

Friday April 6 I completed 20 weeks of pregnancy. Yea! For most people people that is about half way.....since I will most likely be going into labor a little bit early, I'm more than half way. Yea again! So while I'm celebrating and counting down the weeks until I meet these little ladies, I'm also approaching 26 1/2 weeks....fast. 26 1/2 weeks will be a major milestone for me. At 26 1/2 weeks I found out that my daughter died while still in the womb. At 26 1/2 weeks, things happened that weren't supposed to happen. I delivered a dead baby. I had to plan a memorial service for my sweet baby girl. I had to decide if she was going to be buried or cremated. I had to find strength deep inside myself that I never EVER knew was there. I had to pick up the pieces of my broken life and find the courage to go on. I had to think about if I wanted to be pregnant again. So many things that I never thought about before. So many things that I never expected to think about.
As I know all too well, anything can happen at any time in pregnancy. That being said, I feel good. I feel these babies moving around SO MUCH MORE than Violet ever did. I don't know if that was a clue that she wasn't developing correctly or if that is just who she was.....almost meek and shy. Violet and I had a routine, every evening around 8 or 9 I would lie down on the couch to rest, watch TV, or check out Facebook. That was when she would start wiggling around. And there were a few times that she would kick me pretty hard, but only once did she let her Daddy feel her kick. At least he had that one time. I do remember being a little bit concerned that I wasn't feeling those super strong kicks. I remember talking to friends who were pregnant who said that their babies were moving around all the time. She just didn't do that and that's ok. But back to these little gals, they are just dancing up a storm in there and while it can be a little bit annoying, it's pretty much awesome.
Yesterday, we went for our 20 week appointment at the OB's office. We always have an ultrasound done first. So, again I'm out in the waiting room for at least 10 minutes past my appointment time. And my bladder is so full because I have been asked to drink 24 oz of water prior to my ultrasound. I guess it helps make a clearer image. Those of you who have done this with one baby, think about what it's like to drink that much water with two babies pushing on your bladder. Not cool.
Anyway, a different tech took us back. It wasn't the usual gal that I know. It wasn't the usual gal who told me back in October that my baby didn't have a heartbeat. As soon as the tech put the warm goo on my tummy, I could feel both babes start to do their wiggle. We were again able to see both babies and hear their strong heartbeats. And I know that a smile spread across my face as we watched them dance. It was confirmed that Baby B is in fact a girl, but Baby A still had her legs crossed covering up so we could not get any confirmation about her gender. What a problem child! I suppose she is just bashful.
So now the babies are half baked. We are down to less than 20 weeks left in this pregnancy....I guess it's time to start making some decisions about these babies. They need names and car seats and a stroller and cribs and a finished bedroom. I guess really, all we NEED are names and car seats.....the rest we can wing! And those of you who know me well are laughing at that...you know that I will want everything done long before these two arrive.

Comments

Popular Posts