Gratitude

November. All month long we think about Thanksgiving. I don't know a single person that doesn't enjoy this holiday. This holiday is about gathering with friends and family and giving thanks for every thing we have. It's not about gifts, which is what I love about this holiday.

On Facebook I have been letting everyone know what I'm thankful for in my status updates. So I thought that I would do a top 10 list of things that I'm thankful for on my blog.


Nancy's Top 10 List!!!

10. I'm thankful for being an American. I'm not overly patriotic, but I do know how fortunate I am to be born here. With all the arguing about politics, with all the dooms day thoughts going on, with all of the things that I don't like.....there isn't another place that I would want to live other than the good ol' US of A!

9. My furry kids. They drive me crazy....they make my house a MESS with all of their hair...but I love them. They are my babies. I would do just about anything for them. Myrtle and I have have bonded over the years. She wasn't always so keen on me. I can't blame her, I did chop the tip of her tail off in a door. That's a story for another time. But now, she is my snuggle buddy. And Herbie, he's been my baby from day 1. While he's not a trained guard dog, I'm almost certain that he would protect me and the girls no matter what. He can sense when I'm sad or having a bad day and comes over and puts his head in my lap and tries to make it better. After we found out that Violet died, we came home for a while. And while I was sitting on the couch crying and numb who was next to me? Myrtle was curled up next to me on the couch and Herbie was laying at my feet. That's usually not the case....they just knew something was wrong. They are my buddies!

8. My home. It's small...we've out grown it, but it's where we are staying. Are we staying forever, I hope not. I have dreams of moving into a big ol' historic home. But when we do move, it will be bittersweet. This home was our first major purchase as a couple. We brought all our babies to this home. It's the only house Georgia has ever known. So, while it would be nice to have more space, it's nice to be cozy!

7. My church. FMC has given me a great place to worship, build relationships and raise my children. I'm so thankful for every person there.

6. My friends. Some I've known since the age of 5 and others I've just met. Many of my friends are like family. We would do anything for each other and we love and support each other. 

5. Photography. I absolutely love taking photos. I love capturing a moment in time for others. I have a creative outlet and I get paid for it. BONUS! 

4. My family. This is not only my immediate family, but my in laws as well. I know that if I ever needed anything I all I would have to do is call. It's nice to have people you can count on in your life!

3. My health. Hearing about so many people who are sick just makes you want to hug everyone around you. I can't imagine not being able to see my children grow up or not being able to grow old with my hubby. It just makes you count your blessings, for sure!

2. My girls. I've learned something from each one of them. Georgia made me a mother. Violet taught me that I'm stronger than I ever imagined I could be. Evie brings joy with her many toothless smiles. June, my baby, makes me realize how much I'm needed with her need for endless cuddle time.

1. My hubby. Hands down, the best decision I ever made was to marry him. I knew a couple of months after we started dating that this was the guy I had been waiting for. I truly think that I got the cream of the crop. The diamond in the rough. He's the peanut to my butter. The blue in my sky. The flip to my flop. The milk to my shake. Well, you get the idea. He's the best really. There is no one else in the entire world that I would rather be with. I've been telling him that he's my favorite for many years now. He's my favorite....not just my favorite guy, he's my favorite everything.

That's my list. What's on your list?

Comments

Popular Posts