A Little Update

Hey all....have you missed me? Life here is crazy and exhausting, but really good too. All three of my girls are keeping me on my toes. The twins leave me feeling like I can't get anything done most days, but they are so sweet and so cute. Right now they are sound asleep, all cuddled up together on my bed. It makes me smile to see them snuggle together!

October has come and gone. It seems that it went so fast! It always does, just like every month! Sometimes I would like for things to slow down, just a little bit, but no such luck.

Here are a few of the things that we did this month....

October 1-5: Georgia was on fall break from school. I was a little bit nervous about having all three girls by myself everyday for a full week, but things went better than I expected. Georgia is such a great helper with her sisters, that she actually makes my day easier. She was usually willing to give them a bottle when needed or comfort them with their pacifiers when necessary. She likes playing the little mommy role, that's for sure! And we were able to sneak a few fun things in there too. She spent the night with Mamaw and Papaw one night, the three girls and I went to Nolan's office and met him for lunch, we met Georgia's friend Lilly and her mommy and little bro at the zoo for an afternoon, and Georgia was able to go to her good friend Rose's house. All in all, she had a good week. And I didn't hear those dreaded words, "I'm bored!" too many times during her week off!

October 4: My birthday! To celebrate my 33 years on this earth my mama made me a wonderful birthday dinner and then the following Friday, Nolan took me out to dinner. A date, the two of us had a real date. And it was fun to get away from our kids for a couple of hours. Well, we were planning to be gone for a couple of hours, but then that couple of hours turned into 5 hours. Who knew that it took so long to eat fondue?

October 11: Violet's birthday. Hard to believe it has been a year since we last saw our girl. I'll write more about what we did later.

October 18: The twins had their 2 month well baby checks. Two months! Whew! The first thing the nurse said, "My Evelyn, you've gained weight!" And she had....Evie is was up to a whopping 9lbs 6oz and measured 22 inches long. And little Junie weighed in at 9lbs 2oz and measured 22 inches long. So the littlest one is now the biggest one! I said the week before that I thought Evie was bigger than June. It's funny because they are pretty much on the same eating schedule. It's not like Evie eats more than June all the time. Sure, there are times that Evie eats more and there are times that June will eat more. I don't know if they are just metabolizing differently or what. They also had to get 3 shots each. That is always hard to watch, but they bounced back quickly and didn't fuss too much. The nurse said as she left the room, "Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  But the best news is that they are doing just fine. Their next well baby check is at 4 months. It will be interesting to see how they have changed at that point.

October 18-21: Nolan's Aunt Brenda came for a visit. What a helper! She did a lot of baby holding and playing with little girls and that's just what we needed her to do! Georgia LOVES Brenda. Who doesn't really? We enjoyed her visit and hope that she comes back again soon. These babies still need someone to hold them!

October 23: I had my 6 week check up.Well, it was supposed to be a 6 week check up, but it was more like 8 weeks. My doctor had to reschedule my original appointment, which was at the beginning of the month. And I couldn't get back in for another 2 weeks between her schedule and mine. Everything is good with me. I'm back to being "normal" again. Well, except for the lack of sleep! Before my appointment, I took  Evie and June to Nolan's office and showed them off a bit. There were lots of oooos and ahhhhs.

October 27-31: We did all sorts of fun Halloween activities. I will try and write about that later too! And there are photos!

So that is just a little update. We are figuring things out. There is just not a lot of extra time. The only reason I'm able to do this now is because it's 1 AM and there is a baby girl who is very tired but will not go to sleep. But at least she likes to sit in her bouncy seat. I'm hoping that helps her fall asleep and we can go to bed soon!

Comments

Popular Posts