A Day In The Life Of......

Today's TOT blog is all about us.....you know this group of fantastic ladies that seem so glamorous and put together. Well, not all of us know each other so we are going to talk about ourselves today, not only to give us a little bit more insight about each other, but so you too can know us just a little better.

A day in the life of me. Hmmm. This blog might be short. Now, if you have been reading up on my blog I might seem like that glamorous, put together person that I was talking about (feel free to laugh) but really, I'm boring. At least I think that I'm boring, but boring is kind of what I like. I like routine, I like things to stay the same. I'm not one of those people who could just pick up out of the blue and dash off for a week for vacation. I need my vacation planned out well in advance. I don't do a lot of spur of the moment stuff. While spur of the moment is fun now and then, I typically like for plans to be made and written on my calendar. So,  I hope that this blog entry doesn't leave you snoozing. Here goes nothin'!

It seems that lately my life is much different than it was a year ago. Maybe that's because I'm pregnant with twins (for those of you who didn't know....oh wait, you all probably know). Maybe that is because Georgia has grown up a bit. Maybe its because I'm staying at home more than working outside the home these days. It's probably all of the above.

If it's Mon-Fri, Nolan is the first one up since he has to go into the office. And usually Georgia is up second. I've never been an early riser, but since I've been on my own as an adult, I don't like to sleep in. I feel like half the day has vanished before I've even gotten out of bed. But I'm sleeping in a little bit more these days since I'm up pretty much every hour during the night to visit the my friend the bathroom. Nolan usually sets Georgia up with some breakfast and turns on some cartoons so Mama can rest a bit longer. He leaves the house around 8 and always comes to tell me bye and give me a smooch before leaving. So I generally have some idea what time it is at this point. I'll lay there for a little while longer, but most days I'm up by 9. (I know for some of you that either go to work outside the house or those that stay at home with their kiddos, 9 am is pretty late) I have meds to take in the AM for the babies so I down those with some OJ and try to find some breakfast. Usually I'm not super hungry so I grab something small and zone out on the couch for a little bit.  Some mornings I will edit photos from a recent shoot or get a package ready to drop off to a client from their recent photo shoot. I try to work while Georgia is preoccupied and the best time for that is in the AM. She has a few favorite shows that she watches and then comes the dreaded time of the day when the TV must go off because no one needs to watch that much TV in one day.....or at least my 4 1/2 year old doesn't need to watch that much TV in one day. Most of the time, I give her a warning so she knows that at the end of this show, there will be no more TV for the day. Most days she is fine with that and other days she throws a fit. And I'll admit that some days I want to leave the TV on too. I don't want to have to be a mom and clean the house and make lunch...lets just lay around in our PJs and watch the boob tube all day.

After showering and getting dressed Georgia usually goes up stairs to play. Shes great at playing alone. I can hear her making up stories for her dolls. Sometimes she is singing to them (it could be a song she knows or makes up). It's fun to listen to her.

These days most of my chores revolve around getting ready for the babies. We are kind of living in organized chaos. There is stuff everywhere. We have been switching rooms around (we moved Georgia out of her downstairs room to the loft upstairs, Nolan's office was in the loft and now it has been moved to the small front bedroom and we are putting the twins in Georgia's old downstairs room. WHEW!) There is also a ton of stuff that we are in the midst of going through and deciding if we are keeping, donating or trying to sell in a garage sale we are planning to have in a couple of weeks. We have also pulled all of Georgia's baby things that we stored in my parents attic. So there are plastic tubs sitting around our house too. They are full of clothes, toys, bottles, blankets, pacifiers and anything else that you can imagine a baby would want or need. Since they have been stored in an attic, we are washing them and trying to get things put away. So really, it is organized chaos around here.

Sometimes in the afternoons, Georgia and I will make a trip to Target. We love Target. We do 80% of our shopping there. We grocery shop as well as shop there for all of our other needs. We even have a Target card that gives us 5% off with every purchase....it was worth it since we shop there so often. It's always a fun time when we know that a Target trip is in plans for the afternoon.

Other things that we do in the afternoon are.....Georgia is involved in swim lessons. So we head over the YMCA and hit the outdoor pool for a bit of swim time. She goes every Monday and Wednesday. She loves being in the water and hanging out with other kids. Also, Georgia has had a few play dates this summer with some dear friends. Right now, I'm just too tired to have the play dates here so I'm glad that she can get out with her peeps. And we are going to try to start going to the free movies at the library this summer too. We've missed one week, but we are going to try and make it to the rest. Different area libraries offer different dates and times so it makes it easy to find one at some point during the week. Even if we don't see a movie at the library, she and I both love to go and check out the books and movies. We like to see if anything sparks our fancy.

I do feel bad that I haven't taken her out to the park more often. I'm just so tired and just don't feel up to it. I guess this is the summer of staying at home.

Georgia also gets Mamaw day every week. I take her to my mom's house for some one on one time. She stays pretty much all day and I get to have the rest of the day to myself. I get to do whatever I want and most of that is going to the doctor. How could I forget about the doctor's appointments. Right now I'm going to the OB every Tuesday (except yesterday, I had to go on a Monday) for at least 2 hours. Sounds like a dream come true, right? And then next Monday I get to go the the hematologist.....hopefully I don't have to visit that office too many times. I will also try and get my hair cut or run some errands while she is at my mom's. It really is a great thing to have family close by and it's also really great that Georgia loves to go over there and hang out with her Mamaw!

By the time that we get the phone call that Daddy is on his way home we are usually pooped. Or at least I am. We either make dinner at home or go out. Lately we have been going out more than eating at home because I'm too tired to cook and Nolan has been at work all day and doesn't want to cook either.

After dinner, its usually time to start winding down for the day. Georgia gets ready for bed and Nolan and I start to relax for a while. After a few bedtime stories we both tuck Georgia in and say prayers with her. Sometimes she is not ready for bed, but she is very good about laying down until she falls asleep. Sometimes she sings to herself and sometimes she talks to her stuffed animals who are snuggling with her. We are fine with this...at least bedtime isn't a fight most nights.

After Georgia is in bed, Nolan and I might watch some TV. There are a few shows that I watch regularly but most of them are off the air until fall. In the summer we usually end up watching baseball. We have been watching the NBA play offs this season. We started out watching because of the Pacers actually being in the play offs and doing pretty well. Then we kept watching to see if anyone can beat the Heat. We are routing for Oklahoma City! And regardless if the TV is on or not, we both are on our lap tops. He is reading about stuff and I am editing photos usually. We also talk to each other about our day or our complaints or our joys. We've been doing a lot of belly watching during this time of the night too. Sometimes my belly just starts shaking back and forth because both babies are moving at the same time. Other times we watch one baby roll around. Sometimes we get a little freaked out by the rolling around or the elbow or foot sticking out. It is a bit weird.

Before you know it, it's after 11pm and way past our bedtime. I have to take more meds for the babies before bed so I do that and then head off to my night of uninterrupted slumber. HA! My babies and my bladder are laughing at that right now.

Now this is just a typical day, the weekends are different. We try to get home projects done. We visit family. We love to get together with friends. I sometimes have photo shoots on Saturdays or Sundays and sometimes Nolan and Georgia join me and other times they stay at home. It all just depends. Most of all, we like to be together as a family. We enjoy each other and try to grab onto every precious moment of that. Before we know it our little family of three is going to be a large family of 5. Nolan and I are going to be out numbered by the girls. Georgia's world of herself, mom and dad is going to be totally rocked. I want her to get in as much mommy and daddy time as possible before everything changes. And it while it will be a change for the better (we want more kids, Georgia wants siblings) it will still be a huge adjustment for us all.

And you know what we really love to do on weekends? This is something really special, we LOVE it when we have NO PLANS! Zero, none, nothing! Oh those are some of the best weekends. We don't have to run on someone else's time table. We can do those spur of the moment things if we choose. We can even sneak in a nap! Love it!

So there it is....exciting stuff for sure! Now make sure to check into A Day In The Life Of.......DanielleMichelleCharlotteSarahTishLeah and Erica

Comments

  1. I'd say at this point you have every reason and right to be tired!! Take care of yourself and grow those babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect glamour is overrated, anyway. Our sweet little families trump glamour any old day. :)
    And weekends without plans are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts