Can you believe that the twins turned 2? I can't!

Did you know back in August, the twins turned 2? Two years have passed since this photo was taken....



And my how have things changed...well, we get more sleep around here than we did two years ago, we have ZERO bottles in the house, there is a lot more noise, a lot more stuff to pick up, we go through WAY more milk than I ever expected, our pantry is stocked with Goldfish crackers, and Sesame Street completes our morning. 

Sometime ago I began thinking about what kind of party to have for the twins for their 2nd birthday. So, since Sesame Street is a staple at our house, what better way celebrate year #2 than to have a Sesame Street birthday party. 

I began searching on etsy and pintrest for ideas for this party. If anyone you have been to one of our kids birthday parties, you know that I total go overboard. Its silly, but I really like doing it.

I found these invitations on etsy and had them printed at Costco. Seriously, I think its the easiest way to do party invitations. I just found an invite that I liked and when I ordered it, I submitted all the information that I wanted and sent a couple photos. Then a couple of days later I had a file that I sent directly to the Costco photo center. 


Once the invites were out, it was time to get to planning this party! First I decided what the dessert table would look like. And what says Sesame Street more than Hooper's Store? Well, maybe a sunny day that's chasing the clouds away. Why not both? 



And it's not a Sesame Street party without.......

Cookie Monster

and Oscar (with Slimy)

No, I didn't make Nolan make these characters. There was a woman on facebook who had a 2nd birthday party for her little one. She made these, didn't need them any more and then sold them to me. And guess what, I sold them to someone else! It was fantastic!

Something else that I just needed to have for this party was a Sesame Street lamp post. I saw several of them on Etsy, but I knew that between me and my hand dandy Daddy, one could be made! I ordered the street signs from Etsy and then found instructions on Pintrest to make one! And while I had every intention of painting the post myself, my Dad just took care of that for me. Thanks Dad!

Cute, right? It's now in the twin's bedroom.

What did we serve, you ask? Oh well, nothing but the finest toddler delicacies....hot dogs, cheese, and goldfish crackers! Oh and juice boxes! In addition to this fine assortment, we had Cookie Monster cupcakes and Elmo cake pops! 


Oh and we also had to serve chocolate chip cookies for Cookie Monster and I made some cute white chocolate covered Oreos with a candy Elmo face. 



Evie and June looked super adorable in their Bert and Ernie dresses. It is clear who is who....Evie is a total Bert and June is absolutely Ernie! 


those dresses were ordered from Etsy

The girls had a great time at their party. They enjoyed their friend and family celebrating with them. We are so blessed to have this village to help raise our girls!










Happy Birthday Twinks! Mommy, Daddy and Georgia love you and we are so glad that we got to celebrate with you!!!













Comments

Popular Posts