Do you want to build a playground?

For a while now, I've been thinking about different ways that I could honor Violet. We did our day of kindness last year on October 11. And that was great. I loved doing it. I loved hearing about everyone's random (or not so random) act of kindness. We are going to do it again this year. It was beautiful and awesome! But I feel like I need to do something bigger. I want something to take care of since I can't take care of my baby girl. 

Recently I heard about a woman who was raising money to build a playground in memory of her baby. And this idea has kind of stuck in my head. How awesome would that be? How awesome would it be to build a playground for little ones to have fun? How awesome would it be to turn this around and make SOMETHING positive come from something so tragic?

Grand ideas of swings and slides, ladders and money bars, bridges and tunnels flood my mind. I can see us building this playground. I can see us taking our kids there. I can see others playing and bringing their families here to have a good time. 

Then I start to think more about it and I come back down to earth a little bit. How in the world would I do this? How would I find a place that needs a playground? How would I raise the money for this? How could I maintain this? So many questions and I don't know the answers.

So, I still have this idea. I'm just not sure how I'm going to pull it off.  I would love to be able to take the twins and Georgia to a place that we made and dedicated for their sister. I would love to have a place for the community. And I would love to have something that I could care for. 

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know, I would love to hear them. 


Comments

Popular Posts