Dearest Evelyn and Dearest June

Dearest Evelyn,

You get your letter first because you were born before your sister, so your birthday comes first, right? Last night at 5:27pm, you became 1 year old. I can't believe that a year ago I was in the hospital holding my brand new baby girls.

You looked just like your Daddy. You had a head full of hair and red wrinkled skin. You were just a tiny little thing. I could already tell that you were going to be the little firecracker! Boy was I right about that one!

The past year has been a challenge and adjustment for our family. You and your sister have consumed most of our time. It seems we are always feed you, bathing you, changing your diaper, rocking you to sleep, keeping you out of things...and so on and so on. But I wouldn't change a single thing, no way! All those sleepless nights and all those stinky diapers were totally worth it! This year has been amazing and that has a lot to do with you and your sister.

I love all your spunk. I love your determination. I love that you aren't afraid to try new things. I love your babbling. I love your funny crawl. I love your wavy blonde hair. I love the twinkle in your blue eyes. I love that you laugh at everything. I love when you "woof" at Herbie. I love that you think that Myrtle Cat goes "woof"too.

Evie, I hope that you know Mommy, Daddy and Georgia love you and June so much. I can't wait to watch you grow in the coming days, weeks, months and years. I'm blessed to be your mother.

Love Always,
Mama

Dearest June,

June, Junie, Juniper, June Bug....you get your letter second. And well, you know why. You are going to hear that for the rest of your life. I'm sure that Evie is going to hold it over your head that she is a whopping 5 minutes older than you. You just better get used to it now!

I've grown richer just by having you in my life. You bring so much joy and love to me. I hope that you can feel how much I love you. And like I told Evie, you are totally worth all of those sleepless nights and stinky diapers!

I love that you are cautious. You don't just jump right in and do something. You take time to figure out how to do it. You were that way with crawling. You tried and tried until you got it! And now you are learning how to walk. I think that Evie might take her first steps before you, but you will be right on her coat tails!

You are such a smiley girl! Sometimes it's just a shy little smile usually followed by burying your head in my shoulder and other times it's a big toothy grin with giggles and squeals! Either way is cute and either way makes my day!

I hope you always know that I love you no matter what. You are my sweet baby girl and I will always treasure the time that I get to be with you. And now sweetheart, as you enter age 1, my wish for you is that you grow happy and healthy.

Love Always,
Mama

















Comments

Popular Posts