Another Birthday

Dear Georgia,

It's your BIRTHDAY! Another year has passed since you came into our lives and made me a Mama. So much has changed since last year.... two big changes have been that you now have one year of school under your belt and your sisters were born. What a year it has been. 

Although those have been big changes for us since last year the biggest changes that have happened have been in you....I love seeing how you have grown and changed since last year. Your love for learning has blossomed! You are reading like a champ! And you must get your love of numbers from your Dad and Grandpa Lichti because I know it doesn't come from me :) And while I always knew that you were a caring little girl, that has become more evident since your sisters were born. While, I do still have to remind you every now and then to be gentle, but the love you have for your baby sisters makes my heart overflow!

Can I just say that I can't believe that you are 6. It just doesn't seem possible. I can remember very clearly the day you were born......I had been in labor for about 29 1/2 hours so it's no wonder that I remember it well. The first time I saw you, you took my breath away. All of your long, think, jet black hair and your chubby cheeks stole my heart immediately. I was smitten to say the least. In those first moments of your life I felt so much love that I thought my heart might burst. I had no idea that it was possible for me to fall deeper in love with as I've watched you grow.

I've loved watching you for the past 6 years. Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself because I can't believe what a fantastic daughter I have.  I can't believe that I have been given the privilege to be the mother to such a sweet, caring, compassionate, lovable, beautiful, smart, funny, outgoing little girl. Thank you for all the joy that you've given my life. 

Love Always, 
Mama (even though you don't call me Mama any more....it's MOM!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts