ToT-This Ones Gonna Take A Little Bit More Time

Today's ToT was supposed to be about a random act of kindness. We were supposed do a random act of kindness for a stranger and then write about it (what we did, how it played out, the person's reaction, how it made us feel, how we got the idea, etc). While this is a great topic, I felt a lot of pressure to do something blog worthy. I could have just paid for the grande soy chai of the yuppie behind me in the Starbucks drive thru. And while that would have brightened the person's day and hopefully inspired them to pay it forward, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to become invested in this instead of just whipping out my wallet and shelling out some dough.

So anyway, I've come up with something that I want to do. It's actually something that Nolan and I have talked about doing for sometime now. I can't believe it wasn't the first thing I thought about.

So, stay tuned to find out about my random act of kindness.

Comments

  1. I'm in the same boat!! It took so much thought that I haven't done it yet. Hopefully I can have it completed by the weekend and do a catch-up post about it next week. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me three! I had the EXACT SAME sentiment as you Nancy - I could have done something like that but in my mind...if someone is rolling through Starbucks then they probably aren't exactly the recipient I had in mind. I want to do something for someone that really NEEDS a helping hand or someone who needs/should be recognized for their hard work - not just a want like fancy coffee...but help someone meet an actual need. I am still churning this over in my mind. I will get there...but my mind just churns a bit more slowly than it used to, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts