POSITIVE

December 2011
Nolan and I decided that the best thing for our family was to go on vacation in January. Since Violet's due date was 1/11/12 we wanted to be gone close to that date. We wanted to have a good time and while we wanted to remember her on that day, we didn't want to dwell on what might have been either.
We decided to take the ultimate family vacation....DISNEY WORLD! What better place to go when you're sad than the happiest place on earth? We were both pumped because we knew that Georgia was going to have the time of her life. It just became really important to do this with her at this time in our lives.
So Nolan and I planned the vacation with an awesome travel agent (let me know if you decide to go to Disney sometime, she's great and it's free). We decided to wait to tell Georgia about our trip on Christmas day.

December 16, 2011
I had been feeling a little off for a couple of days. I decided to take a pregnancy test. I wasn't sure what I was hoped the results would be. I just had a child in October and I wasn't sure if I was ready to be pregnant again. I wasn't sure if I could handle all of the unknowns. What if I had a miscarriage? What if this baby died at 26 1/2 weeks and I had to go through this all over again? But on the other hand, this is what we wanted.....we wanted another living child in our family. Violet's death wasn't going to be the end of that chapter in our lives. So anyway, I took the test and waited. I knew that it wasn't going to show a positive sign anyway, it was just way too soon after Violet's death, it had only been 2 months.
POSITIVE. That's what the test said. I stood there in the bathroom completely shocked. I also had a big smile on my face. I couldn't wait to tell Nolan. I wanted to tell someone. But I did wait until Nolan got home and I whispered, "I'm pregnant" in his ear (we didn't want Georgia to hear, not yet anyway). He just looked at me in shock. So while we were excited and happy we were also nervous and freaked out a little bit.
A week or so later, we told our parents and a few close friends. I also called Dr Voelkel's office to set up an appointment. I had to explain to the gal doing the scheduling that I just had a stillbirth in October so I wasn't sure if I needed an appointment sooner than 8 weeks into this pregnancy. I had to wait for a nurse to call me back. When she did, she wanted to make sure that I wasn't freaking out, and if I wanted to come in for an ultrasound, I could come in as early as 6 weeks. Well, we decided to schedule an appointment for the normal 8 weeks. I was going to have an ultrasound and then talk with Dr Voelkel.
Now we just had to wait....wait a few more weeks until we see our little baby.

Comments

Popular Posts