Make It A Double

Back in November Nolan and I went to a support group that was sponsored through the hospital where Violet was delivered. It was there that we learned the term "Rainbow Baby." A Rainbow Baby is the baby you have after you have lost a baby. We thought that Violet was our Rainbow Baby since Rainbow was her nickname, but I guess our Rainbow Baby was coming.

January 2012
Back again....to that same doctor's office. It seemed like all I could think about where the bad memories that we had at this place. I remember telling Nolan, "We had good memories here too right? We confirmed our pregnancy here, we got to hear Violet's beating heart, we learned that we were having another girl." Isn't it funny how its always the bad memory that sticks in your mind. 
While we waited, I just knew that we were going to have to go back into that same ultrasound room. It was going to be the same tech. I was going to lay on the same table. But hopefully I was going to have a different outcome than before. 
I was very nervous. I wanted to pace around the room, but I didn't want to look like a freak. So I kept bouncing my leg and held Nolan's hand.....trying to keep my sanity. 
And then our name was called. It was by a different ultrasound tech. And we went to a different room. I kept praying that we would see our little baby and hear a beating heart. 
When the ultrasound photo came up on the screen I could tell that something was different. There were two spots. WHAT? Then the tech says, "well how about two?" Nolan and I looked at each other and asked, "are you serious?" She was. Two babies, two heartbeats, both look just fine. The tech asked if Nolan was ok. He was, just freaking out a little bit.....just like me. I couldn't stop shaking. We got some ultrasound photos and I went back into the waiting room, while Nolan went back to work. We both were stunned and shocked and unsure. Two babies! 
I saw Dr Voelkel and she told me about some test that they would run. Since I was having twins I was going to be considered a high risk pregnancy. She said that if it was just a single baby, she wouldn't be doing all these tests and ultrasounds. It really had nothing to do with what happened with Violet since we already had all of our genetic testing and everything came back just fine. There was no reason to think that these two little miracles wouldn't be fine. 
So now, I had to wait for a phone call to set up all of these appointments oh and we get to tell all our friends and family that we are expecting TWINS! AH!

Comments

Popular Posts