good reads #11 Little House in the Big Woods


I grew up watching little half pint on TV. I've read some of the little house series, but not all. So, I decided as part of my reading challenge for 2014, I would read the entire Laura Ingalls Wilder series from start to finish. 

Well, I started out with Little House in the Big Woods. I've read this before, but it was a long time ago. I was home from college for the summer and I wanted something to do one night. So I went upstairs and grabbed this book off the book shelf. This isn't something I would normally do, so I'm not really sure why I did it in the first place. I suppose it was my love of the Little House on the Prairie TV series. Anyway, I quickly read it it and loved everything about Laura, Mary, Pa, Ma and even baby Carrie! 

So when I read this book again, I found that I still loved everything about the Ingalls Family. I loved learning about how they made candy with snow and maple syrup. I loved reading about Pa playing his fiddle and singing before bedtime. I loved it all. 

Laura Ingalls Wilder's book is so innocent and I love the way she recalls her memories. What it must have been like to be a little girl in those big woods!

Was this book a favorite of yours growing up? Did you watch the show?

Comments

Popular Posts