How I got to Ireland

If you follow me on facebook, and if you're here chances are good that you got here through facebook, you know that I recently took a whirlwind trip to Belfast, Northern Ireland. And when I say whirlwind, I mean that I spent less than 48 hours in Belfast. So here's a little background story about how I got to go to Ireland for about 48 hours. 

A few months ago, Nolan told me that he was going to have to do some training for work......in Belfast. I know that he works with several people from Belfast and they come to Indy often. I have told him on more than one occasion that if he ever goes to Belfast, that I'm coming too. Well, I kept waiting on him to ask me. He never did. So one day, I just put it out there. I told him that I really wanted to go. It felt like it might be impossible....there were lots of things to work out. And we are trying to get our house ready to go on the market, so was there really money for a little international vacation. Well, here's the thing with Nolan.....it's a little known secret that I usually get what I want. Not like I will throw a temper tantrum or not speak to him for weeks if he says no to something. But, if we have the money......even if it's not the most practical thing.....we do it. 

This time was no exception. I told him that it's not everyday that we have one plane ticket AND part of our hotel paid for....we only had to pay for my plane ticket and one night in the hotel...WOOT WOOT! I also said that one of my regrets when we were first married is that we didn't travel more before we had kids. We were saving for a house. Then saving to have kids. Then we had a kid. Then we had more kids. We just never took the time to travel. I love to travel and I think its important to do, but we just never took the time or the money to do it when we didn't have kids to be responsible for! 

So anyway, he said OK and I started searching for babysitters for our girls! As luck would have it, the time that I would be gone would overlap with my parent's vacation with friends. So I would have to find someone else to help out too. Good ol' Aunt Brenda saved the day! So my parents watched the girls Thursday night and Friday night and Aunt Brenda watched them Saturday night and stayed Sunday night too....even though we got home around 7pm that night. So all of that worked out, but it didn't really leave us for much time there after Nolan was done with with work. But we made it work. 

We made it work and had a great time. I'll tell you all about it some other time, but for now friends, I leave you with this breath taking photo....yea, this is where we were :)


Comments

Popular Posts