good reads # 4

Hey there readers! So I've kind fallen off the reading wagon lately. Life seems to be getting in the way. And really, I'm lazy. I've been watching too much TV lately. BUT, all the shows are going on their summer hiatus, so I see reading more in my future. Especially since we have long road trips coming up....Washington DC, South Haven MI, and Newton KS. I should be able to get some reading done for sure! 

Anyway, on the way back from Belfast Northern Ireland (yea, I'll have to tell you all about my whirlwind trip), I read Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns). 



First of all, this was a super quick read. I slept most of my trip to Belfast and again on the way back to the States. It was my connecting flight from Newark to Indy when I read 75% of this book. Its like a 2 hour flight. So yea, super quick. 

Second, Mindy Kaling is so endearing. She's funny and quirky. She's smart. She's a woman who had a goal and achieved it. She also wants to settle down with the right man and have a family. She's not into being promiscuous. She's not judgmental of her friends who are. She's got a healthy body image. She has a great relationship with her family. She's kept a solid friendship with her college mates and cherishes those relationships. She's actually a great role model. 

Third, I totally read this book in Kelly Kapoor's  voice. For those of you that aren't fans of The Office (who isn't a fan of The Office? Weirdos!) that is Mindy Kaling's character and she also wrote for the show. I'm not sure if that is how Mindy always talks or if that was just part of her character, but it's totally how I think she talks. 

Kelly is awesome!


All in all, this book was really fun to read. If you need to borrow a copy, I can hook you up!

Comments

Popular Posts