maybe a little PTSD

Recently, here in Indy, there were reports of a tragic accident involving a family. The 6 month old baby was ejected from the car and died. Then back in late November, there was a family fire the claimed the lives of a 6 month old and an 18 month old. Their mother later died at the hospital from the wounds she got after she tried to save them. The father was at work and was left to bury his wife and two small children. 

Over the years these types of stories....the ones where the babies die in the end....they have effected me differently. When you have a baby, your entire world changes. You can only imagine what it would be like to lose your child. A loss that seems like it would crush your entire world. 

Then, when Violet was born, I knew what it was like to have my baby die. And from then on, when I would hear those stories on the news, I remembered what it was like sitting in the hospital room praying that something would change. I remember what it is like to have your heart broken into a million pieces. I remember what it is like to walk out of the hospital with empty arms. The feeling and emotions come back so strongly. It's kind of a PTSD situation. My chest tightens up. I feel like I'm going to cry and I flash back to when I heard the words, "I'm sorry. We can't find a heartbeat." 

Even though our situations are different....we each lost a child. I lost mine before she took a breath, they lost their children in different tragic situations. We would all do anything we could to see our children one more time. My heart goes out to each of these families and I pray that they each find peace and feel the love of their families, friends and communities. 

Comments

Popular Posts