Remember When Georgia Turned 5?



Georgia turned 5 back in August. She had a birthday party in September. It's now April and I'm finally getting around to blogging about it and sharing photos on Facebook. I suppose this Mama had other things going on! But, without further a do, I present Georgia's 5th Birthday Party!

Choosing the theme is always a big deal. We've done a princess party, a carnival party and this time we did an ART PARTY!

We had the party at our church. There is a playground there and a small pavilion with tables that we were able to use for FREE! Yes you heard it right folks! It was perfect! And we had access to the church as well, so we could use the kitchen too. 

While the kids were arriving, everyone was having a good time playing on the playground. Once most of the kids were there, we sat down to paint. I bought canvases and paint brushes from JoAnn's and used paint that we had at home for the craft. It was pretty easy. I didn't have to lead anything and it didn't take much prep. And it kept the kiddos busy for sometime. There were several budding artists at this party!







After painting, it was time for some snacks. Since it was an art party, certainly all of the snacks had to be rainbow colors. Right?
 These are Rice Krispie Treat paint brushes. I found Rice Krispie Treats at Sam's Club. Then I put a popsicle stick in them. I found white chocolate melting candies at JoAnn's. After I melted those, I used some food coloring to dye them orange, yellow, blue and red. I dipped each treat into the chocolate and let harden. It was a very easy, yet impressive little treat!

And we couldn't have rainbow treats without M&M's!

 I got the cupcakes from Sam's Club as well. I wanted to make some rainbow cupcakes, but I had two one month old babies at the time, I had no extra time to make rainbow cupcakes. But these cupcakes do have rainbow colored sprinkles on top. And who doesn't love sprinkles?
These cute little artist pallet cookies were made by my dear friend Sarah over at just living. She dabbles in baking! I love it!
And fruit....always a beautiful rainbow of colors with fruit!
All the kiddos chowing down!
Georgia and her friend Rose!

Georgie, I hope you had a great time at your birthday party....even if it was back in September!! 









Comments

Popular Posts