So, What Have You Learned?

I'm back. Well at least for this week. I had to make a real effort to get this blog out there. Having twins is no joke kids....let me tell you. It's a lot of hard work. Maybe someday I'll tell you all about what life with newborn twins is like. But now that I'm starting to come out of fog that lack of sleep has caused, I found that I'm missing bits and pieces of my old life....the things that I did for myself and this blog was one of the things I missed the most. I missed my ToT friends, I missed writing my weekly updates and I missed hearing from all my readers. So I can't promise that I will be writing every week, but hopefully I will be able to get back into a routine. So here is this weeks ToT post.....

Life Lessons....hmm....what have I learned along the way? Well, lets see.

1. Bad things happen to good people. It stinks and you don't deserve it, but being a good person does not make you exempt.

2. God has nothing to do with it. A lot of people go through a time when they blame God about things that happened to them, like, "why did God let this happen to me?" I just don't buy that. I can't wrap my head around God letting bad things happen when it could have been stopped. I think that there must be some sort of rule that God is just not going to jump in and change what happens in life...good or bad. I don't think that God let my baby die. I don't blame God for letting my baby die and causing me and my family pain. I think that it just happened, simple as that.

3. It's important to make an effort to keep in contact with friends. I have friends from high school and college that I talk to on a regular basis. I love having those relationships....those people that knew me back in the day, not just as Georgia's mom.

4. It takes a village....not only to raise a child, but to live life. I love surrounding myself with people who challenge me and make me think. People who love me and support me. It makes living in this world a lot easier.

5. Its better to pay a little bit more for items that are well made rather than buying something because it's the cheapest. Most of the time, if you pay a little bit more, you will get something that lasts a little longer. Or it might be better quality. Or it might fit a little better. Whatever the case, don't just buy something because it's cheap.

6. Learn how to cook. It's important to cook at home. It's healthier and cheaper. My kids will all have a couple of recipes under their belts when they leave the house.

7. Pay your bills on time....I hate to pay bills (which is why Nolan does this...even though he hates it too), but what I hate even more is to pay a bill late and get that dreaded late fee. I don't want to pay anymore than I owe, especially not to any big company that's making mega bucks. I would rather keep it in my own pocket, thank you very much.

8. Along the lines of #7 Don't get caught up in having all the stuff. You don't need it and its nice to have a little bit of money stashed away for a rainy day.

9. Have family traditions. It builds memories. I want my children to look back and have many fond memories of our life together.

10. Eat well. Don't eat a bunch of junk, it just makes you feel gross and you end up packing on the pounds.

11. Exercise. Even when you don't feel like it. You never regret working out, but you always regret NOT working out.

12. Do a load of laundry every day. It's terrible to get behind.

13. Be respectful. Even if you disagree with someone, you can be respectful about it.

14. Send sympathy cards. We got so many cards after Violet's death and it was uplifting to get those little notes from our friends and family. It didn't take a lot of time or money to send the card, but knowing that they were thinking about us meant the world.

15. Tell your spouse you love them....all the time.

16. Always be open to learning something new.

17. Take a lot of photos. Not only do I love to take photos, but I love to look at them. Oh and take the time to get the printed.

18. Say NO sometimes. It's OK, really it is. Sometimes there is just too much going on that you just can't add one more thing to your list.

19. Help people with babies. I've recently been reminded of how much easier this makes life with little ones. We've had so many meals brought to us by friends and family. And there were others who came over and watched the girls while I took a shower or went to pick up Georgia from school and that was so helpful! And there were others...strangers out there who held a door or picked something up for me or let me go in line ahead of them.....those small things mean a lot when you are just trying to get through the day.

20. And lastly, have fun. Life is hard enough, don't make it any harder. Laugh a lot, do things you love, more importantly be with those you love and by all means have a good time!


Comments

Popular Posts